Let’s get one thing clear, Facebook is huge. The largest social media network in the world with over 1.23 billion active users. 62% of whom log in daily.
After analysing over 1 billion posts from over 30 million business, community and brand pages on Facebook, we’ve discovered many interesting research statistics.
Key Facebook Statistics
- The post formats that get the most engagement in terms of likes, clicks, and comments are questions and images.
- Textual posts of less than 50 characters get the most interaction, seemingly facebook is not a place for reading but for finding and engaging quickly.
- Posts that link to longer form articles well over 1000 to 1500 words get the most engagement.
- Videos that are directly embedded into Facebook posts consistently achieve over six times the engagement of embedded YouTube videos.
- Surprising posts without hashtags get more interaction. Do people actively search for posts with hashtags? Statistics say no.
- Publishing your post between 10pm and Midnight of your primary audience’s local time get the most engagement. We believe this is due to fewer posts, in general, being published, thus vying for attention.
- Posting on Sunday tends to get slightly more engagement on average. Could be due to several factors, less competition and users having more free time.
- Posting images to Instagram appear to provide a 23%+ increase in engagement.